Wednesday, August 5, 2009

ERA Harrington Realty Learns About NAHB Green Building

Today I was privileged to speak at the ERA Harrington sales meeting to tell them about green building, their colleague JT Takacs handles sales for our client Layton Construction. There were 40-50 realtors at this meeting and they listened to me, a financial planner, and a local real estate attorney. I explained that the NAHB green building program encompasses envirornment protection as well as energy and water efficiency and homeowner education, so they are able to thus educate their prospective clients. A few asked me about the NAHB green home certification process for builders. I also explained that green sustainable homes are selling better than non-green homes according to an Oregon marketing study. I further told them about our menu of services including phase 1 environmentals, brownfields redevelopment, wetlands studies and pond management for hoa’s. Nobody fell asleep and I was complimented afterwards so thats a good sign!

No comments: