Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mentoring Younger Students

Written by Jodi Kerstetter, Environmental Scientist with JCM Environmental:

Last spring a couple of JCM employees had the opportunity to work with Brader Elementary School’s Conservation Club. Located less than five minutes away from the Newark, Delaware office, it was a great way to connect with local youth with a passion for the environment. These kids are bright and motivated, and it made me want to foster their interest in the environment all the more.

After discussing various options and levels of involvement, the school and I decided the best route would consist of going through training, and becoming a mentor. I’m pleased to announce that I was cleared earlier this week, and am working out my schedule with the school!

Working with kids, and environmental education in general, has always given me a great deal of personal satisfaction, and I’m so excited to be able to share my love of the environment with young people who are genuinely interested and motivated to learn more.

No comments: